As a writing/editing intern in the Office of Marketing and Communications, you’ll learn how to edit professionally using Carthage’s in-house editing style guide; gain experience writing for a large and diverse community; and learn how to use a website content management system.
- Write and edit student and alumni profiles for the Carthage website.
- Write and edit news articles for The Bridge.
- Edit and post events to the online calendar.
- Create content for the Carthage website to share with parents and alumni through e-newsletters.
- Experience in writing and editing. Excellent grammar and spelling skills are a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work under a tight deadline.
- A desire to learn more about marketing and communications — especially writing and website content management.
- Knowledge of the AP Style Guide and some graphic design skills are a plus but not required.
Please include a resume and cover letter when applying for this position. You may also submit any relevant writing samples and other related documents.